dpr64

Unit 23n early hunt outfitter

26 minutes ago, ruthunter said:

My buddy’s father n law drew the same tag and booked A3 for half the price of Ground pounders.

And had the whole Rez to hunt, that's a smoking deal.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Call Cash and Steel, the GP guys will get you a giant, and there hilarious ..

• Like 1

On 3/21/2021 at 10:33 AM, azelkhunter2 said:

Give me a call. I can provide a great deal of information. Thanks Dave 602-228-1719

Edited by lancetkenyon
Double Post

On 3/21/2021 at 10:33 AM, azelkhunter2 said:

Give me a call. I can provide a great deal of information. Thanks Dave 602-228-1719

When I draw a 23N tag, this is who I am calling.  Of course, we might both be too old to hunt by then!

• Haha 1

The experience as a DIYer is tough to beat and accomplishment.  

But if an outfitter is what you want, you should call Mogollon Rim Outfitters, don’t think you will meet a better outfitter/guides out there. 

Ground Pounders do kill giants in 23 every year. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ruthunter said:

My buddy’s father n law drew the same tag and booked A3 for half the price of Ground pounders.

Get what you pay for. Probably cost more if caught breaking laws depending on fines. 

• Haha 1

Ground and pounders being mentioned already, don’t overlook Jeremy ulmer with chasin a dream.  Both local guides. 

• Like 4

Goodman Outfitters  Payson AZ     tel:9289781058   Gunner !

Early elk in 23 is an amazing tag to have in your pocket. You'll likely never draw that tag again. I would DEFINITELY hire an outfitter and get a fully outfitted hunt. You'd be amazed how much more you can put into your hunt own if someone else is taking care of all other details. Not only have they done all the scouting, everything else is taken care of too. No stress setting up camp. No early mornings making your own coffee and breakfast. No cooking dinner when you've been busting your ars all day. That stuff takes a lot of time and energy. It's pretty nice when you can get plenty of rest and your sole focus can be making a good shot. 

You’ve been putting in for this hunt for at least 16 years, and as stated, you will probably never hunt this unit again. I had the early archery hunt in this unit last year, speaking from experience, you are in for a treat. I’ve heard this unit described as the Jurassic park of elk units, it lives up to the name. When it’s all said and done, I’m not sure you’re looking for the above described hunting experience... essentially, show up and shoot an elk. I did not hire a guide, but am not opposed at all to them. I would just make sure you get the full experience from this once in a lifetime hunt. I hunted my butt off last year, and to be honest, mid way through thought I might give up hunting all together. I filled my tag with minutes  to spare on day 14. It was a roller coaster from start to finish, looking back it’s one of the greatest experiences of my life. One that I will never forget.  I hope you get to have the same experience I did, guide or not. Good luck

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Aimsmall said:

You’ve been putting in for this hunt for at least 16 years, and as stated, you will probably never hunt this unit again. I had the early archery hunt in this unit last year, speaking from experience, you are in for a treat. I’ve heard this unit described as the Jurassic park of elk units, it lives up to the name. When it’s all said and done, I’m not sure you’re looking for the above described hunting experience... essentially, show up and shoot an elk. I did not hire a guide, but am not opposed at all to them. I would just make sure you get the full experience from this once in a lifetime hunt. I hunted my butt off last year, and to be honest, mid way through thought I might give up hunting all together. I filled my tag with minutes  to spare on day 14. It was a roller coaster from start to finish, looking back it’s one of the greatest experiences of my life. One that I will never forget.  I hope you get to have the same experience I did, guide or not. Good luck

Did you end up with a good bull?  Put up a pic if you have time.  Dream tag for sure!  

On 5/25/2021 at 3:58 PM, yotebuster said:

Did you end up with a good bull?  Put up a pic if you have time.  Dream tag for sure!  

I guess “good bull” is in the eye of the beholder. Admittedly, I had set my sights on a bull north of 370. My bull didn’t come close to that! Would I trade my 320ish bull and the experience I had getting him for a 400” bull that I showed up and shot? Not a chance!E739A8FF-D6DC-4A91-888A-AF48C97FFADE.thumb.jpeg.f0da048b398da3eafc2562e523f24ac2.jpeg

• Like 11