Elkaddict

Elk draw: ( my mistake!)

Checked the bank account and was stoked! $650 charge! Put my non resident grandsons in for early bull 1st choice and youth cow second. Youth cow is $50, early bull $650, woo who! We're going to be buglin bulls! Now it comes down to which one got the tag, this morning the results are on the phone. First checked Trevor, you were drawn for elk- hunt # 3063. What? That’s the youth cow, must not have hit the bank account yet. That must mean Zach got the trophy bull! Wow, both boys have hunts! Checked Zach and got- you were not drawn for elk mid winter 2021!

Happy for the one tag for the boys, and I got an archery bull tag, not sure how I’ll get the $600 back.

E0922A62-54D9-4404-A3B6-C8F73647CCF2.thumb.jpeg.5de8cf6db5e17e88bb65c0d4888efba3.jpegF30C0A1A-2265-4CEF-93AE-EFB7270EAE4F.thumb.png.3b92a1dcd4af28c84ec24f5e4731ab9f.png

36 minutes ago, AZtroutman said:

Same thing happened to my brother with two tags but as residents it was just the $135 instead of the $50.

Check my post about rule 7, got you too .

I never knew about that note #7 either.  Good to know for the future.  Has this always been the case, or is this something new?

18 minutes ago, Elkaddict said:

Check my post about rule 7, got you too .

Elkaddict,

I may have missed something. If he drew the hunt you highlighted it is in fact a youth only hunt and should be $50. Am I missing something?

Just now, Markleo21377 said:

Elkaddict,

I may have missed something. If he drew the hunt you highlighted it is in fact a youth only hunt and should be $50. Am I missing something?

I now see. If you apply for a higher fee tag then automatically have to pay full price even if 2nd choice youth is drawn....bummer. I did not realize that was how that was applied. 

• Like 1

Same thing happened to a guy I know.   Put in late rifle bull 1st choice and youth cow 2nd  for his 10yo son. Got a $650 card hit and was excited to take his son bull hunting then results were posted and he was drawn for the 2nd choice youth cow but charged the $650 for it.

7 minutes ago, zslayer said:

Same thing happened to a guy I know.   Put in late rifle bull 1st choice and youth cow 2nd  for his 10yo son. Got a $650 card hit and was excited to take his son bull hunting then results were posted and he was drawn for the 2nd choice youth cow but charged the $650 for it.

I checked 2020 regs  and that rule was there, but I’m pretty sure last year I put one of the grandsons in for a rut bull hunt first choice and youth cow second, was drawn for the youth cow and was charged $50 as expected. Hit me by surprise this year.

If it is a youth only hunt it is $50 because only 10-17 year old hunters can apply & hunt.  If a 10-17 year old applies for a hunt that 18 year and older hunters can apply for then they pay the full price.  This is the way it has always been for as long as I can remember.  Unless I am reading the OP incorrectly, I do not see any error on G&F part.

7 minutes ago, knothead said:

If it is a youth only hunt it is $50 because only 10-17 year old hunters can apply & hunt.  If a 10-17 year old applies for a hunt that 18 year and older hunters can apply for then they pay the full price.  This is the way it has always been for as long as I can remember.  Unless I am reading the OP incorrectly, I do not see any error on G&F part.

I said it was my fault for not paying attention to the footnotes. But it has always been my understanding the youth would be charged for whichever hunt they were drawn for. My mistake.

10-4