Sign in to follow this  
mspar

Account hacked

1 hour ago, desertmafia21 said:

Email is the same but password was different

dont take this wrong as its not ment to be.

I searched and you posted on 3 forums 99% of all the posts are forsale items. some of them were high ticket items quality stuff Optics. nothing wrong with that. but your a target.

I'm guessing you have a keylogger or bug of some sort on your PC/phone etc where these clowns can get pws.

i'd do a clean on your pc change every pw were you go. could be linked watch FG if you do that and also, change your PW to any of your email accounts. Cox accounts have been hacked over the years as well as others. what there more than likely doing if you dont have a key logger or something else in your system is logging into your email and going onto those certain forums doing a pw change getting the email and changing it.

if there not changing it through your email you have a hack of some sort in your pc/phone or something else.

Check your emails to see if you got any emails about you wanting to change your pw. they probably deleted them if so but a sure fire way to know if its going through your email is if you couldnt use your password to log in after you were hacked.

in the forum software admins cant see the passwords,

one way to narrow it down is too see where the others posted and on what forums. Rockslide was mentioned in one posts your on rockslide as well

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HuntHarder said:

nothing to gain?  It's been too long since you owned your website.  They hack verified members with good reputations to get easy access to $$$.  Think about it, if Amanda was selling you something on here and said send me money, I doubt you'd hesitate.  Now if it was a guys fist post, you tell him to go back to fgbook or something.  They hack members accounts to gain your trust on their reputation.

actually I dont send anyone money through the web. especially on a forum. FTF only. unless I know the person personally and talk to them on the phone about it.

you younger generations need to learn that. you never know who is on the other end.

The site has become 99% classifieds

are you surprised there are hackers?

Get rid of the classifieds and get back to hunting and it goes away. 

There are 1000 classified post for every 1 hunting related post 

DUH 

17 minutes ago, JSR said:

The site has become 99% classifieds

are you surprised there are hackers?

Get rid of the classifieds and get back to hunting and it goes away. 

There are 1000 classified post for every 1 hunting related post 

DUH 

Nothing wrong with classified on a forum for its members. its just getting abused big time by people who are only selling and nothing more..

Same thing happened on azbasszone people came to sell as they have a captive audience, was a hard deal to worked out.

14 minutes ago, Delw said:

Nothing wrong with classified on a forum for its members. its just getting abused big time by people who are only selling and nothing more..

Same thing happened on azbasszone people came to sell as they have a captive audience, was a hard deal to worked out.

It’s called COUESWHITETAIL.COM  not Cabelas garage sale .com 

17 hours ago, Delw said:

Why do you think your account was hacked? what was your old username?

why on earth would anyone hack a forum account whats there to gain besides absolutely nothing.

Been on/owned forums from the beginning of time hundreds of thousands of members never seen a account hacked. other than a friend messing with someone cause they left there pc logged in,

No one has access to my computer except for me....whoever posted the binos for sale used my account, the post disappeared along with all my history

It's good to be able to post firearms and ammo for sale here. It's one of our fundamental freedoms that the left is obsessed with ending. Enjoy it while you can.

But there are some, perhaps myself included that have abused the classified section? Some have turned it into their weekend yard sale or EBay store.