UggRedBilly

Leftover tag question

So I sent in the application a few days ago for a leftover elk tag, and last night I was on G&F website reading. On their website the article said to send it to their Carefree office, while on the app it says to send it to a PO box near their office. Does it really matter? Or am I just worried for no reason?

2 hours ago, Flatlander said:

Your app will eventually make it to the office.

But by then no tags will be available.

4 hours ago, UggRedBilly said:

So I sent in the application a few days ago for a leftover elk tag, and last night I was on G&F website reading. On their website the article said to send it to their Carefree office, while on the app it says to send it to a PO box near their office. Does it really matter? Or am I just worried for no reason?

I think you are fine. I applied as well, but sent it to the address that they listed for left over tags. I got a notification that my letter was picked up this morning. I am guessing they pick up mail from the address and PO Box at the same time 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DSO123 said:

I think you are fine. I applied as well, but sent it to the address that they listed for left over tags. I got a notification that my letter was picked up this morning. I am guessing they pick up mail from the address and PO Box at the same time 

How did you get a notification? Or did you call them?

3 hours ago, UggRedBilly said:

How did you get a notification? Or did you call them?

I ended up sending it priority through usps, and the tracking number was an added benefit. I dropped it off at the post office on Saturday at noon, and asked how I could get it there by Monday. I live in Chandler and the options were pay priority and maybe get it there in time, or pay expedited which was guaranteed but $30. I guess covid has delayed there delivery times, but I gambled with priority. G&F really gave us the pickle 

11 minutes ago, DSO123 said:

I ended up sending it priority through usps, and the tracking number was an added benefit. I dropped it off at the post office on Saturday at noon, and asked how I could get it there by Monday. I live in Chandler and the options were pay priority and maybe get it there in time, or pay expedited which was guaranteed but $30. I guess covid has delayed there delivery times, but I gambled with priority. G&F really gave us the pickle 

That makes sense. If you wanna save some money next time go take it to the anthem post office. Right by the carefree G&F office

Last year I took mine to the Anthem PO to be top of the pile. They said everything goes to the main Phoenix location for sorting then out to wherever it's going so 

it doesn't matter where you drop it off in the Phoenix metro area. I made the drive from Mesa for nothing.

10 hours ago, AZtroutman said:

Who's the lucky one that got the 1 4a bull tag? Odds had to be similar to a sheep tag.

Honestly man. I just put in for those hopi cow tags. I'd be extremely happy if I even got one

10 hours ago, papajohn said:

Last year I took mine to the Anthem PO to be top of the pile. They said everything goes to the main Phoenix location for sorting then out to wherever it's going so 

it doesn't matter where you drop it off in the Phoenix metro area. I made the drive from Mesa for nothing.

Very true. But the PO box that I mailed it to was located in that post office though. But I'll take that into consideration for the leftover deer tags (if any)