UggRedBilly

Leftover tag question

10 hours ago, Flatlander said:

Anyone showing leftover tags in their portal yet?

How do I change my password in my portal? I cant get in since they changed the whole system and I dont wanna wait on hold for a long time. Is there a different way to do that?

12 hours ago, UggRedBilly said:

How do I change my password in my portal? I cant get in since they changed the whole system and I dont wanna wait on hold for a long time. Is there a different way to do that?

If you can, go check your emails for an email from G&F several months ago. There was a link in it that will take you to the new one they created for you. (Not sure how long they allow that link to remain active though)

5 or 6 years ago my kids & I were applying for a leftover deer tag.  A week after the draw we got two of the 3 unopened envelopes back stamped saying we weren't drawn, but not the third.  The portal never showed anything throughout the leftover tag process btw. 

I called the G&F and they wouldn't tell me anything either (said they didn't know).  2 weeks later, still no 3rd envelope back (with a money order in it), & the G&F wouldn't tell me anything saying that they didn't know what happened.  A week later my daughter got that tag in the mail...

Nothing surprises me any more... 

5 hours ago, 1uofacat said:

5 or 6 years ago my kids & I were applying for a leftover deer tag.  A week after the draw we got two of the 3 unopened envelopes back stamped saying we weren't drawn, but not the third.  The portal never showed anything throughout the leftover tag process btw. 

I called the G&F and they wouldn't tell me anything either (said they didn't know).  2 weeks later, still no 3rd envelope back (with a money order in it), & the G&F wouldn't tell me anything saying that they didn't know what happened.  A week later my daughter got that tag in the mail...

Nothing surprises me any more... 

That's ridiculous. I'm sorry about that

Just noticed my portal updated with a leftover permit today. Got my 4th choice.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

Just noticed my portal updated with a leftover permit today. Got my 4th choice.

That is great news!

My 3rd choice was drawn last week and I thought that was highly unusual.

Eddie

2 hours ago, eddielasvegas said:

That is great news!

My 3rd choice was drawn last week and I thought that was highly unusual.

Eddie

Definitely is. Especially for that hunt.

Leftovers are conducted differently, they look at all your choices before moving to the next app.

5 minutes ago, UggRedBilly said:

I called game and fish and they dont even have my application on file! Didnt even get the crappy Kaibab hunt

Still 653 of those left...if you put in for that one you’ll get it. 

4 minutes ago, bigorange said:

Still 653 of those left...if you put in for that one you’ll get it. 

Just lookin for an excuse to head up there. Maybe I'll draw the archery tag for deer and if the RARE opportunity shows itself then I'll take it

1 hour ago, UggRedBilly said:

I called game and fish and they dont even have my application on file! Didnt even get the crappy Kaibab hunt

You don't want that hunt dude.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CatfishKev said:

You don't want that hunt dude.

The archery deer or the elk? I know chances of seeing an elk are the same as a unicorn. But if I did see one. I'd be doing the state a favor at least. And if I'm already up there with my tag or someone else I know for their hunt then I might as well get this too