I've always heard that Swarovski had solid customer service, and wanted to add an endorsement based on my own experience. I bought a pair of 15X56's a while back that were posted for sale here on cw.com.  (I had a pair already, but figured the only thing better than a pair of Swaros would be TWO pairs of Swaros! 🙄) Anyway, on our New Mexico pronghorn hunt last month, the binoculars got dropped and apparently knocked off kilter.  The right side was blurry, and would not focus at all. Well, I set-up a work order with Swarovski on their website and started the process to have them repaired.  The first thing they did was check the serial number.  Since they were registered to someone else, they would not repair them under warranty until they verified with the registered owner that the binoculars were, in fact legitimately sold to me (and not stolen).  I really appreciated the fact that they did that.  Anyway, after verifying with the original owner that they had sold them, they transferred the warranty to me and proceeded with the repair.  I told them that I was hoping to use them for an October deer hunt, and they gladly put a rush on the order. Well, today I got home from work to find the Fedex package with the repaired and FULLY reconditioned binoculars!  The binos were a little 'loose' from wear when I bought them, and now they are in absolutely perfect condition!  Nice and clear, clean, and tight.  They also replaced the eye cups. Anyway, if you have ever wondered, fear not!  That company takes care of it's customers!! S.