Jump to content


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by johnnybrocko

  1. Swaro 65mm objective lens + StayOnCase. Taken on one scouting trip. Not using it like I thought I would. Everything is perfect. I have box and everything that comes with it.  - 800$

    Located in Globe,AZ. Will ship on buyers dime. Questions feel free to text 9two8 81two5574













  2. Upgraded to the 95mm so I’m selling my 85mm + Stay On Case. Glass and housing is perfect. No scratches no signs of any wear and tear on either piece. Have box and all paperwork (no Swaro sticker) for the module but no box for the SOC. 1700$ firm.

    Text for quicker replies 928-812/5574











    • Like 1

  3. I've been hunting for deer a handful of times with my buddy Sy but only as a spectator. This year he talked me into putting in and assured me, if I drew a tag, he would take me out to a great spot. Once I found out I was drawn Sy got me geared up with a gun, binos, a pack and everything thing else I needed.


    The hunt finally came around and we headed out. It was opening morning and we were hiking the hills and getting to our spot just as the sun came up. It didn't take but 15 minutes for me to glass 2 deer flagging us about 2 hills over. I couldn't see either one before they vanished. So much for being stealthy. We weren't too worried because 2 weeks prior we came and scouted this spot and glassed 4 bucks within 30 mins. We knew they were in there.


    About an hour later Sy says "I got one, I got one." He glassed him at about 1000 yards! Deep spot. Only thing he saw was his rear shining in the sun. He's been hunting for years and said this was his best glass - for as deep as it was. A few minutes pass and Sy finally says "He's a buck! A nice buck, he's wide!" Being so far out we couldn't really tell how big but when the sun hit his rack you could tell he was worth the chase. We moved back and around to a closer point where we could get a better look and range a shot. We glassed him up easily at the same spot. This time he was broadside. Sy took his pack and laid it on a rock and I went belly down to take a shot. He ranged him @ 500 yards. Shooting laying down with the adrenaline pumping was nerve racking - to say the least but Sy guided me through the process of how high to aim. Low, low, low, high...JUST LOW...Amazingly he just stood there after 5 shots! But after the 5th he quickly moved behind the same bush as before. We didn't see him for about 10 minutes and Sy told me I need make a decision to move after him or stay and glass. Well, with adrenalin rushing I headed out! From where I shot I knew the marking points that we were marking him with and 'thought' I knew where to sneak up at. Once I dove off the hill and moved up the creek I came to a point where I knew I was close but wasn't sure which spot I needed to move up at... A little frustrated and having the sense that I was close I decided to move up the closest ridge in front of me. I was gassed from the hike and didn't think to try and move over quietly. I got to the top and peeked across and to my surprise saw him standing, stoved up and starring right at me @ 150 yards. With no hesitation I took aim and put him down. I put my binos up and looked back at Sy... He was busy doing something else but came running to his binos and looked and threw his hands up and yelled 'heck ya!!!' I hollered back and waited till he made the hike down. Turns out that 5th shot hit him in the lower gut and injured him. When I left to chase after him Sy said he came out and was laying down in the open - trying to bite at his hind leg - acting strange. Sure woulda been nice to have remembered those WALKIE TALKIES! But I'm sure glad it worked out liked it did!!


    Needless to say I'm hooked. Sy says I got spoiled this being my first deer. I enjoyed the entire hunt! Icing on the cake was tagging out and being back @ camp by 2pm Friday - just in time to hear UofA handle ASU! Can't wait till next year.






    • Like 3