Sign in to follow this  
billrquimby

seminar for safari first-times

If you are thinking about hunting in Africa someday, I recommend you attend the "First African Safari" seminar I have conducted every year at SCI conventions since 1989.

I'm only the moderator who organizes the event and keeps it on schedule. The experts are our panelists:

1, Craig Boddington, author, hunting writer and videomaker (guns and ammo choices and inernational travel with firearms),

2. Johan Calitz, owner of one of Africa's largest hunting companies (what to expect from your outfitter/Ph and what they expect from you),

3. Jack Atcheson, Sr.. retired taxidermist and booking agent (how to ship your trophies and what to do to ensure you get the best mounts),

4. Beverly Wunderlich of J&B Adventures and Safaris (why using the right booking agent will save you money, time and headaches),

5. Ludo Wurfbain, publisher of Safari Press and Sports Afield magazine (what to read before, during and after your safari).

It will be held 9 to 11 a.m. on Thursday, January 22, 2009 at the Reno/Sparks Convention Center during SCI's annual convention.

It's SCI's longest running (20 years) and most popular (up to 300 attend every year) seminar, the panelists are the top names in safari hunting, and it's free. Brief Q&A periods allow you to ask the experts questions after each presentation.

No one checks to see if a seminar attendee is an SCI member or registered for the convention. However, can you imagine being that near 1,300 booths offering hunts and goodies from around the globe and not going inside the exhibition halls?

I just wish there had been something like this seminar before my first trip to Zimbabwe twenty five years ago. People who attended several years in a row have told me they learned something each time.

Bill Quimby