Sign in to follow this  
SHOOTER

No Brownies Yet...

This is my first year doing this shed hunting thing ,everything I have found before has been on "accident". A buddy and I went out for the second time this year and we found a good area today. We found 6 and I bet and hope there are more. We found a good sized 6 point with one little extra point a it was probably 5-6 years old, a broken piece off off a huge bull, old 4 point muley shed, a 1 year old really heavy 6 point , 1 year old 5 point and a old spike. The coolest part is that there were 4-wheeler tracks all over and this place is about 150yards up the hill on a bench from the main trail and the 4-wheelers can't get to where we were. They are within 150 yards of a good horn spot/bench and to lazy to walk and realize it.

downsized_0320091645a1.jpg

Here are a couple ATL's

downsized_03200916151.jpg

downsized_03200916371.jpg

Don't make fun of the back pack it's original intention was to carry water and a jacket ,we weren't really expecting to use it to haul that many sheds.

03200916401.jpg

Hey way to skunk the four wheeler dudes! That has happended to me more than a couple times. Im sure they beat me to to quite a few, but I cant begin to tell you how many times I have found singles, pairs ,and even p/u heads within sight of a road(ants. that had been there awhile). Its amazing what you can find if you hit the thickets and unconvenient quad places. Even in places where quad riders are as illegal as heck and dont pay any attention to roads or trails, im still amazed what they can miss. Of coarse ant. hunting in areas that are not flat and/or open helps to skunk those lazy farts.

That's a good day shedding, keep it up.

There seems to be a trend here :huh: . They will be Illegal soon <_< since everyone has noticed Illegal activities allmost everywhere <_< .

Some quad guys just don't get it as C&S says. The quaders who do show respect will be forced to go back to beatin up their trucks. Some kids will go back to their video games. Roads will be closed for us all. :huh: Lazy farts is an understatement. A parasite to the hunting community is more like it.

Quad owners and non owners alike, we all will pay. I just hope they don't make more laws against shed hunting itself :( . Or give hunters a bad rep in general for ruining so manypublic areas. Illegal or legal, cross country is a no-no, I don't care if your on-in a jeep, 68 chevy, quad, dirtbike, dune buggy, or grandmas shwinn. right is right and cross country is wrong. Unless you're leavin boot prints or horse tracks it shouldn't be done. Retrieving game or a fallen comrad is the exception and even then is a carefull decision one must make.

Shooter, congrats on the find. Glad to see boys finding them...quads can't go everywhere. It was the same up where I went this week, ATV tracks off the road...along fence lines. I saw quad tracks in the Rattlesnake quiet area last year. Not enough enforcement out there to catch them and like antler head said, all will pay the price.