Coues Sniper

Which bino pack???

I've got an older version of the AGC bino harness and the BL bino vault. Looks like the newer version of the AGC has a couple of good updated features. The Badlands bino vault locks out the dust better than the AGC and the BL harness doesn't bug me at all under a pack. The 'bow hook' also holds the front flap down for quick access to your binos. Just be careful when you bend over because the binos fall out... The biggest beef I have with the BL vault is the interior is nylon and it seems very loud when I pull my binos out when 30 yards from an animal. I'm thinking of gluing in some fleece or leather on the inside to make it quieter.

I mainly use the BL vault because it fits my geovids better. I carry the AGC when out scouting and carrying my monarchs. However, I modified my AGC to work with the IPI bino harness. I'm afraid to add up how much I've spent on bino harnesses over the years... :(

Ron

Thanks for the info Ron. Let me ask you another question since you have both: which one would you use if you had to choose just one and all you planned to use them for was a pair of 10x42 swaro's? ;)

Ron can you post pictures of your modified system? I sure wish someone would come up with a system that did it all. I use the Mad Dog Gear Bino Manager and in general like it EXCEPT that the pouch on the front is to SMALL for the Swaro 10x50's.

Thanks for the info Ron. Let me ask you another question since you have both: which one would you use if you had to choose just one and all you planned to use them for was a pair of 10x42 swaro's? ;)

For what it is worth, I've been using my BL harness almost exclusively with my Geovids since I've gotten it. I like the zippered pockets on the AGC, but my Geovids don't fit it as well. I think the BL vault might offer more protection, especially from dust.

Here are some pics comparing the two. The AGC has my monarchs in it.

Both bino cases opened up.

P1110194.jpg

Both bino cases closed.

P1110195.jpg

I'd probably go with the Badlands, but I don't really think you can go wrong with either one.

Ron

Ron can you post pictures of your modified system? I sure wish someone would come up with a system that did it all. I use the Mad Dog Gear Bino Manager and in general like it EXCEPT that the pouch on the front is to SMALL for the Swaro 10x50's.

P1110196.jpg

Like I said, I merged the IPI bino harness and the AGC pouch together to make a hybrid system. I found that a repair buckle set from REI fit the IPI plastic buckles, so I cut off the AGC buckles and replaced them with the REI fixit buckles. I also replaced the zipper pulls on the AGC pouch. I usually keep the IPI harness attached to the binos and the straps from the back attached to the pouch. The IPI and Mad Dog buckles are not interchangeable.

The other setup I've tried is the crooked horn bino shield with the IPI harness. That worked well also.

Ron