Sign in to follow this  
azunioncarp

unit 6a

just finished up my hunt yesterday and I wasnt able to fill my tag.This is the first time in the last 4 years I didnt fill my tag.4 whitetails,5x5 bull,and a pig I shot with my bow. I put in my time scouting before my hunt but I ran into hunters in those spots on opening weekend.Friday saturday and sunday I hunted hard and was able to glass up some deer but no bucks.I came home and decided to give a shot on the last day [thursday]. Yesterday morning I drove up to 6a and it was perfect hunting weather cold and sunny. Within the first half hour I glassed up three bucks all together and my heart was pounding! they were 400 yards below me so I decided to take the biggest boy in the group. A NICE 3x3. I pulled my sticks and got ready for what I thought was gonna be a done deal.I shot and just missed by a couple inches in front of him. Then I made a huge mistake on my second shot and didnt adjust for windage. I MISSED AGAIN right in front of him.The deer take off and I wasnt able to get on any more deer. After ''shaking off'' that miss I realized how much I love to hunt and how good it felt to take shots on a nice whitetail buck.I believe in life there are fewer things better than hunting with family and friends.Congrats to all the guys who were able to fill their tags so far this year!