Sign in to follow this  
MXW13

Unit 35A

I was drawn for my last choice (35A) this year. Is anyone familiar with this unit? Where would be a good place to start? Are there a lot of illegals in this unit? Any help would be helpful...

It is difficult to give you the advice on where to hunt since I don?t know what type of terrain or vegetation that you like to hunt in, or how you hunt. Some people might like to hunt big mountains with big canyons, and others may like to hunt rolling hills. Some might like to hunt the thick oak and manzanita, and some may like open areas with ocotillo and mesquite. It all depends on your personal preference. Some people like to sit and glass while others hike for miles, or do a combination of both. The only thing that I can tell you is to get maps, and get out and drive and find where you can get into and where you can?t, access is a big issue. Find areas that look good to you that meet your hunting style. Getting into more difficult areas will usually mean fewer hunters to deal with. I believe deer can be found all over and most large canyons will have deer in them.