trophyhnter

24B dec Whitetail

Pops, older bother, younger brother (14) and I have 24B dec Whitetail :D . I read the G&F webpage and was thinking of scouting the area north of the Pinto Mine in the wilderness area. We have spent all of our time scouting for elk. I have nov 7 archery tag and Pops and younger brother have 4a rifle elk tag in two weeks. This is my little borther's first elk and deer hunt with a tag. I posted a story with a pic of a buck I shot in 22. Hopefully we can all improve on that buck. Where ever we hunt or if we harvest...I'm sure it will be a good time.

Eddie

I leave near this area took a nice 2x with two inch eye guards . try huntig above the old silver king mine near superior lots of water in this area get away from the well traveled roads also try the trail heads. nice area but need to hike. if you like the thick stuff try hunting by the oak flats nice road with nice scrub oak canyons great glassing country.

azcouescrazy,

Thanks for your reply. We'll give these areas a try during one of our scouting trips.

Went Scouting this weekend. I saw very little deer activity in normally high traffic areas. Not much water in the area around siver King or up above silverado ridge and northeast of the marble pit. Lots of traffic on the roads though. Looked like a mixture of bird hunters and pre-season scouters. Even some folks set up camp already in the best sites.

I put out a couple game cameras and will picke them up the day before the hunt. 1 hour photo developing and that will help me decide which area. Anyone got into the area north west of pinto mine? Wonder how it looked this year. I just didn't have the time, but may wind up there if nothing stands out in the 3 or 4 other regular spots.