Sign in to follow this  
stg52165

Muzzy for Sale in AZ

I dont know how many of you would be interested in this for primitive hunting, but I no longer shoot black powder competitively and therefore want to find a new home for my old caplock. It is a Lyman; Great Plains Rifle in .50 Cal and has a 1 and 60" twist, buckhorn sights, double set triggers, and an upgraded steel ramrod for hunting. My primary target load was 70 GRS of FFF and a .490 roundball with a prelubed .015 patch that would consistently cut ragged holes at 50 yds. The hunting load was a might stiffer: 120 GRS of FFF and the same profectile :_)

Shot quite a bit flatter and hit like a semi truck lol, anyhow if any of you ghost hunters are interested, shoot me a PM and ill work out the details. It sells new for around 550 for a kit, if any member on this forum wants it, ill take 350 unless you live in CA then you dont have enough money to buy it ;)

If it doesnt sell to a known hunter, then ill list it on gunbroker for 400 OBO and see what happens, hopefully i can find it a good home, i have had it for almost 18 years and im only 30. it was the first gun i bought with my own money and i just feel bad not shooting it anymore

thanks for considering just the same

BTW if any cousewhitetail member buys it, ill ship it to where ever they need me to for free and overnight via UPS, if youre in AZ i live in the east valley and we can co ordinate something im sure

post-2135-1278473800_thumb.jpg