Sign in to follow this  
buckfever10

Just Drew Unit 20C! Any Scouting Help Would Be Appreciated!

Hey guys it official i just drew for 20c which ended up being the wrong area for what I was trying to draw for. I archey hunted outside of wickenburg a few times a few years ago and it was actually unit 42 where I was and not 20c but oh well. I think that 20c will be a great area as well. So I dont have any knowledge of this unit, any help would be appreciated? Thanks guys.

Do you have the first hunt or the second? It is a fairly hot hunt so meat care is critical! My brother lives within one hour so we take it there to freeze the same day. I have the first hunt and for me it has been feast or famine trying to find bucks! I know it sounds like weak advice but look at the G&F webpage, it is on point. Scouting was critical for me because there is a lot of private property. Key that worked for me was water.....year round....mostly springs and well maintained cattle tanks. The first time I was drawn, I scouted four weekends prior to the hunt......it was HOT! Last bit of info that will help in your scouting and hunting is that most if not all the bucks I have seen are bedded by 8:00 am and depending on how hot it is, they will start feeding 1 to 2 hours before sunset.

Good luck!