Sign in to follow this  
couesobsession

Recomendations, please

Well, I have a Savage Model 10 .308 and I love everything about it but the stock. So Im in the market for a nice replacement stock, preferably wood or laminate. I would appreciate recommendations for a nice quality stock around $200 or less. I want a thumbhole, too. I like the look and features if the Ross Featherweight thumbholes, are they any good? I also like the looks of a Boyds JRS thumbhole laminate though it's heavier. Opinions and ideas would be mice. Also, if I do buy one of these stocks, can I keep the barrel free floating?

Well, I have a Savage Model 10 .308 and I love everything about it but the stock. So Im in the market for a nice replacement stock, preferably wood or laminate. I would appreciate recommendations for a nice quality stock around $200 or less. I want a thumbhole, too. I like the look and features if the Ross Featherweight thumbholes, are they any good? I also like the looks of a Boyds JRS thumbhole laminate though it's heavier. Opinions and ideas would be mice. Also, if I do buy one of these stocks, can I keep the barrel free floating?

I don't have any reccomendations on stocks, but you can free float the barrel on what ever new stock you get. Might as well get it bedded while your at it.

boyds are nice stocks they arent very heavy either i have one on my 7 mag and also my sons 25.06