Sign in to follow this  
jeffcros

Borderland Double

Saturday morning started out with a cup of coffee and a bagel discussing all the big mulies we've been seeing. The sun was starting to crack so we left camp. A little after first light we glass up a 170 class mulie and the stalk is on. Well after a close call, the buck grabbed his does and moved off in the other direction. Matt, Chris, and I are all on the glass again, within minutes we have whitetails and pigs. Plan made, we start the stalk. We see that athe buck is pushing does all over and eventually we see them leave, so we stay on the pigs. During our stalk a smaller buck pushes does to within 30 yds of Chris and I. But no chance of a shot, the does knew we were there and they were blowing at us. So after a few minutes Chris had a pig on the other side of a prickly pear at 10 yds for 15 minutes, with no shot. Finally off to his side another pig came out into the open about 20yds away and took a muzzy behind the shoulder. His pig went about 40yds and piled up. I was quite a bit lower on the hill when i heard the hit, then when they scattered one javelina came down by me. After a little wait and another muzzy behind the shoulder at 20 yds we had a double. Here are a few pictures, I'd like to thank Matt from Borderland Adventures for a great hunt. In the few days I was out with him I saw an amazing amount of bucks, both mulies and coues deer.

post-2457-1294157303_thumb.jpg

post-2457-1294157409_thumb.jpg

post-2457-1294157484_thumb.jpg