Sign in to follow this  
jeffcros

37a- opening day hog with a pistol

Friday we left the house around noon and headed south. We set up camp and were glassing by 4. After watching a couple of mulie does for awhile we spotted a couple of Javelina about a mile away. So we took off. John, Dale and myself hurried over to where we knew they would be. When we topped the hill they were a little further than I thought they would be. At 77 yds it was too far with the wind for an arrow, so we decided to try and get a little closer. The wind was swirling just enough for the 2 pigs to catch some scent and strart to spook. Thats when Johns Caspian open gun let loose of alot of rounds and put the javi down. We watched the pig in the binos for a few minutes before deciding he was down for good. But when we walked up, the pig had other plans. He took off running when we got to about 10 ft. John pulled up a xd and rolled him with a few shots. We were amazed at how much lead this javi took. After a few pics and a little hike back to the truck it was dark. Another great opening day! We had a great hunt and a great camp.

post-2457-0-16081800-1297275384_thumb.jpg

post-2457-0-48411200-1297275430_thumb.jpg

post-2457-0-27651700-1297275470_thumb.jpg

post-2457-0-72714300-1297275558_thumb.jpg

post-2457-0-26455700-1297275591_thumb.jpg

Friday we left the house around noon and headed south. We set up camp and were glassing by 4. After watching a couple of mulie does for awhile we spotted a couple of Javelina about a mile away. So we took off. John, Dale and myself hurried over to where we knew they would be. When we topped the hill they were a little further than I thought they would be. At 77 yds it was too far with the wind for an arrow, so we decided to try and get a little closer. The wind was swirling just enough for the 2 pigs to catch some scent and strart to spook. Thats when Johns Caspian open gun let loose of alot of rounds and put the javi down. We watched the pig in the binos for a few minutes before deciding he was down for good. But when we walked up, the pig had other plans. He took off running when we got to about 10 ft. John pulled up a xd and rolled him with a few shots. We were amazed at how much lead this javi took. After a few pics and a little hike back to the truck it was dark. Another great opening day! We had a great hunt and a great camp.

I want to thank jeff crossland and dale calvert for putting me on the javi and a great time we had!