Sign in to follow this  
couesobsession

Got myself a Vanguard

Well guys, I found myself at a local walmart and they had the unthinkable- a Weatherby Vanguard 30-06 with a Bell and Carlson tan with black spiderweb stock for $350. The gun is blued. Needless to say, I bought it on the spot. $386 out the door. Factory target with 150 grain sp for 3 shots measures 1.02 edge to edge, two bullets in the same hole. It is a floorplate model, and looks like it has a 24" barrel. Now this leaves giddy but curious. Thee tan and blk spiderweb stock lists for $180 at midway, it's not a cheap stock. This gun seems VERY well made and that's why the price astonished me. Had a marked down price from $459 but the gun arrived at walmart in 2007 and it never made it ti the showcase until now. It isn't the sub-Moa midel, and no other vanguards have this stock, especially at that price. I know that the vanguard once was only available at walmart, so that leaves me wondering, is this a model made just for walmart? Anyway, it's a good looking and should be good shooting and was at a great price. I'm happy.