Sign in to follow this  
COUESAZ

Check your tie downs

Make sure you check you tie down straps to make sure they are good. I lost my Polaris Ranger today off my trailer. Lucky for me it turned out to just be a heart attack. I was out on a dirt road and driving slow he king the side hill across from me for bear. It is covered in prickly pears. I had just told my kids if this guy in the ranger did not stop tail gating me I was going to stop and beat him up. My son said dad that's the ranger on our trailer.hahaha that was the funny part. Then about half a mile over the hill I look in my mirror and to my horror my ranger has stopped tailgating us. Right away my mind goes to the huge hill I had just over and see visions of my ranger over the edge in the bottom of the canyon. I leave my wife and daughters with the truck and my oldest son and I take off running. Me on my healing broken ankle. We come up over the next hill and setting there at the bottom smack dab in the center of the road was my ranger. All do to a broken strap. I usually put a strap on each corner. this time I only had two straps. So it was not a good thing all the way around. jUST CHECK THOSE STRAPS.

I guess that I am anal, but I use heavy duty ratchet straps: three of them. One to pull the Ranger up against the front of the trailer and one on each of the two rear struts to keep the back end from bouncing around. When my wife is along, she insists on a fourth that goes over the side bars by the seats for some more "hold down".