This hunting season i am wanting to be able to shoot from the furthest of 70. I cant seem to hit the target or anywhere near it. the best i can do right now is 40 yards hitting the heart every time. Going past that i cant kit the broad side of the barn. :( I practice 5 times a week for about 45 mins or so. I was wondering if you have any tips or pointers to help me out. :D

Buy a Bow TECH Alligiance

Bobbyo,

I would slam you for both the long shots. :)

Sure people have and will kill animals with a bow at long ranges (50 or 60+ in my book) but you are really increasing the odds of a bad hit for any number of reasons. Shooting a bow in a hunting situation is difficult enough at close range. We have enough problems with anti hunters that we don't need lots of guys flinging desperately hoping that the shot was perfect and the wind isn't blowing and the animal won't jump the string, or take a step, or whatever. If you enjoy shooting long range with a gun or bow do it at a target not an animal. I have much more respect for somebody who kills animals cleanly at close range than one who "JFK's" them at long range. I guess that is because to me this sport is about hunting not killing. I'm not saying I'm perfect in this department. I've done a few dumb things myself over the years. It just seems that there is a population of guys out there that seem to think the object of hunting is to impress other people by making "kills." I don't think there are many of those guys on this site.

Here are a few honest questions for you long shooters. Why choose to hunt with a bow if you are not interested in the challenge of getting close? Why not just hunt with a rifle or even a muzzleloader and be sure you kill that animal at 100 yards? Why shoot an animal with a rifle at 500 yards when you know you are lobbing the shot in? Why not get closer and be sure you kill it? I honestly don't unerstand? :unsure:

Well said, Redbeard!