Sign in to follow this  
Don Martin

Bow Fishing on Lake Mead!

I've been reading all these posts about bow fishing for carp on Lake Pleasant and Roosevelt. You guys need to come to South Cove on Lake Mead.

Been bass fishing the last few days and the carp and big Gizzard shad are going nuts in the backs coves and on some big flats across from the South Cove Landing. This is all during the day! I have seen some BRUTES that just lazily swim by and/or under the boat.

I haven't done this( bow fish) in over 25 years, last time was at Cottonwood Cove on Lake Mohave, my brother and I waded in the flooded trees and whacked over a hundred carp!

I was shooting fingers at the time with my WING compound and my fingers were RAW!

Can you guys tell me where to get some of this new bow fishing stuff at? I think I may try it again! (sold all of my archery equipment years ago).

I have NEVER seen anyone out of South Cove shooting carp, you would have it to yourself!

May have to start doing bow fishing trips for guys that don't want to drag their boats up here!

Capt Don Martin

Striper Hunters

Sounds like we need to hit before it gets insane hot!! What would you say was the weight of the BIG fish you seen?! Sounds like it could be an awesome place to shoot at night!!

Saw some bruisers that weigh over 10 lbs! They look like BIG logs slowly swimming, usually with smaller males around them.

We are seeing those big gizzard shad also in schools working the flats! These aren't giants like the carp are, but they'll weigh up to 2 or 3 lbs!

Man I'd like to see someone come up here and whack these fish!

Capt. Don Martin

Striper Hunters