NWhunter

35A/30B San Pedro River

Anybody ever hunt the San Pedro RNCA at the end of Hereford road south of Sierra Vista? Thinking about an evening hunt there as my usual spot is a little too far from the house to hit after work. I have a plan and an area I want to hunt, just looking to gain any information on what I can expect in that area as far as deer numbers go. Thanks in advance for any advice.

there's deer down there. but lots of bowhunters. go north my friend- less pressure.

I probably won't hunt that area as much as I do some other locations I have picked out, but it definitely has its appeal and will be great for those days I don't have the time to spend going where I normally hunt. Seems like a lot of deer could be hiding in that brush though. Had a nice buck jump my string not too long ago at my other location. Gotta love spot and stalk bow hunting.

There are deer in that area but also a lot of people. I live in Hereford and ive spent some time on that part of the river. Deer numbers seam to be fewer in that part of the river than they are farther north but they are there. I put a trail camera up a little south of the bridge ounce and got pics of a doe. South of Hereford Road there are some portions of private property along the river so make sure you know where youre at.