Sign in to follow this  
kingofcoues

25-06

I'm thinking of getting a 25-06 for my deer hunt this year, right now I shoot a 7mm Rem Mag and I think it might be a little to much for couesies. What do you guys think 25-06 OR 7MM?

You will not go wrong with the Rem 700 25-06. That is what I use and the year before last it made short work of my 400 yard shot on my buck. It shoots fast and straight.

Guest Ernesto C

Both calibers will work fine,now if you just want an excuse to buy a new rifle well in that case........ yes the 25-06 :ph34r:

Remember,shot placement is half of the key and the other half is practice,practice and more practice.

Thanks and God bless.

Ernesto C.

kingofcoues

Catchy name! I don`t know about your financial status but, I would forget the 25 06 and buy good bino`s if you don`t already own them. If you already have good bino`s then its up to you. The 7mm mag is a great coues gun and I have no doubt the 25 06 is also. Sometimes ya just get the urge for a new toy. knowhatimean!!! Ya, new toy, new toy, new toy, :ph34r: good luck Coues Addict

Like Ernesto said It just sounds like an excuse to buy a new rifle. So if you want my opinion, get the 25-06 and then make your decision. I own both calibers, and love them both. In my opinion you are not over gunned, I shoot a 300 wsm, and still want to get a 30-378 weatherby mag for coues.

The 7 mag is going to have better killing power on those long range shots. If its a shooter, I wouldn't consider a new gun unless you want to go with one with less weight.