Sign in to follow this  
Critter

Attn Taxidermists - Cool Manzanita Piece

I have a gnarly piece of manzanita that would work great mounting 2 or 3 bucks on and assembling with a base as a pedestal type mount. Nice large piece with the red still on and in good condition. Would just need to cut, fit, and trim as needed. The dangler branch off the side could be snipped off easily. I've been doing a lot of woodworking with manzanita and do not have a use for this piece and want it out of my yard. Not sure what it would be worth but if anyone is interested make an offer.

post-6251-0-42901000-1408892336_thumb.jpg

post-6251-0-75229000-1408892339.jpg

I don't know.. make an offer. Have one other interested party that say they want it. I'm in Prescott Valley. Bought a lot of manzanita few weeks ago for projects... I took this piece off the guys hands knowing I couldn't use it but that someone could use it for taxidermy work. Now it's in my yard and looking to get rid of it.

Let me look at which piece that is when i get home in a bit. I have a bunch of different pieces but had plans for some of them.

The only other piece I am willing to sell is the top half of this piece in the photo below. I'm using the lower half for a table and would cut the upper half off and if anyone needs it I'll part with it. I have about 8 nice pieces but I bought them for making furniture and plan on using them. However I have access to a lot more of it also....all cut off a private ranch so is fully legal.

post-6251-0-26550900-1409094696.jpg

post-6251-0-83407600-1409094698.jpg

post-6251-0-08005000-1409094701.jpg

I'm interested in the top half maybe, I take it the pics show what you plan to cut off? My coues is at the taxidermist and won't be ready for quite some time, keeping my eye out. How much would you be asking? I have no idea what to offer and am also in prescott

Almost, Yeah the pics show what I plan to cut off. The lower half of that upper half is nice and thick and gets thinner towards the top so you could do a pretty neat coues mount with it if your taxi cuts it up right. You have to use your imagination and picture the best section cut off with a nice buck pedestal mounted on it. It's also kind of neat to bring your own piece of wood to the taxi for him to use... he might even give you a small break on price. Honestly I bought it for the lower half and was going to cut it up anyway. If you want to come and get it I'll give it to you for free. I'm in PV/Granville. That way if you choose to use it great... if not then you can do something else with it at no loss. And.. by the time your mount is done I may have some other pieces to select from. I'm buying this stuff every once in a while.

Well that's very gracious of you! At least let me give you what you paid for it. I head out of town for work tomorrow for five days, I could pick it up tomorrow or some time after next Tuesday. Thanks a million, Cody

No prob. You don't have to pay me anything. I'm using the piece I paid for so we're good! Come on by. I work tmrw but expect to get off real early (Unless I end up getting sent out of town) but at this point I should be off around noon. I'll Pm you my address.