varnco

Used Bow Recommendations?

Make your $300 go as far as it can. Be looking for high-end bows from the past five-years. Don't worry so much about the brand. I'll list some good picks for each brand.

PSE - Dream Season Evo, Vendetta XL (long ATA), Vendetta DC, Drive LT (great budget bow, only $500 new), most of the non speed-bow PSE X-Force bows are excellent.

Matthews - Drenalin, Z7, really any solocam Matthews will be a good hunting bow.

Bowtech - Assassin, 08' Allegiance, some of the later bows had finish issues but they make a great bow don't let anyone tell you they don't.

Hoyt - you might find a 2013 Charger in your price range (it's entry level but a great bow). An Alphamax 32 or 35 should be attainable. They have a ton of bows and most of them are really nice.

• Like 1

Make your $300 go as far as it can. Be looking for high-end bows from the past five-years. Don't worry so much about the brand. I'll list some good picks for each brand.

PSE - Dream Season Evo, Vendetta XL (long ATA), Vendetta DC, Drive LT (great budget bow, only $500 new), most of the non speed-bow PSE X-Force bows are excellent.

Matthews - Drenalin, Z7, really any solocam Matthews will be a good hunting bow.

Bowtech - Assassin, 08' Allegiance, some of the later bows had finish issues but they make a great bow don't let anyone tell you they don't.

Hoyt - you might find a 2013 Charger in your price range (it's entry level but a great bow). An Alphamax 32 or 35 should be attainable. They have a ton of bows and most of them are really nice.

Bowtech Assasin = great bow

Thanks for the list.. really appreciate it. I'm scanning Craigslist daily...

The best new bows are the best used bows.... Mathews Baby.. If you are lucky you will find a Mathews Switchback in the price range you are looking for.

Good Luck!!

Keeping an eye out for switchback... I've seen an older solocam, But since I'm not in a hurry (No Elk Draw), and have a pretty aggressive price, I'm being patient.

I really appreciate all the help.

Now, if you all would just tell me where all the bucks are this fall, that would be great! ;-)

I'd just go to Ross dude.. They will probably set you up with a mid tier bow package for like 500 bucks... strings, whisker biscuit , inexpensie sight , etc .. They even do lay aways and you can come shoot your bow anytime just cant take it home until its paid in full.

That's $200 more than I'm willing to spend at this point... thanks for the suggestion though. Almost picked up a diamond for $200 bucks today... missed it though.

• Like 1

That's $200 more than I'm willing to spend at this point... thanks for the suggestion though. Almost picked up a diamond for $200 bucks today... missed it though.

They sell used bows too thinking about buying one for my son when he hits puberty lol

Picked up a PSE Mini-G camo with twin cams, 5 carbon hunting arrows, slide sight, quiver, stabilizer, biscuit rest for $65, and it's in excellent condition.

Thanks for all the suggestions, but I thought I'd take a chance at $65.

Is your draw length that short? Not saying it's not but maximum draw of 27" is a youth bow.

Edit: I just re read the OP and you say 27 - 28 inch draw as a guess. Enjoy your new toy.