Sign in to follow this  
elkman

left over tags

well i didn't draw an elk tag again. Suprise suprise, do they usually have left over tags in any of the western units. I did however draw a 16 deer tag. I have killed a couple of bucks in there in the past but havn't been in there in years. Anyone taken anything decent in there in the past? We hunted the wilderness in the past and plan to pack in there for the hunt. Good luck to all. Josh

What elk hunt did you try for? I have seen some monster bucks in powderhorn while looking for elk, one nice buck was about 28 inches or so with two kickers. Is it a rifle or bow hunt?

What elk hunt did you try for? I have seen some monster bucks in powderhorn while looking for elk, one nice buck was about 28 inches or so with two kickers. Is it a rifle or bow hunt?

I put in for 16 & 15 archery. i usually draw one of those tags every year but not this year. The deer hunt i drew is rifle. WE were planning on packing into the wilderness, but not sure.

Do they generally have any leftovers for elk any where. Archery

Not sure, any leftover tag in NM definitely won't be quality. But if you are just looking to get out I'm sure something will turn up, especially for archery. Maybe give the department a call. I have gotten skunked on 16 for the last two years, I just got lucky this year somehow. Any sugggestions,not areas or anything, just general info. Thanks hope this helped.

Not sure, any leftover tag in NM definitely won't be quality. But if you are just looking to get out I'm sure something will turn up, especially for archery. Maybe give the department a call. I have gotten skunked on 16 for the last two years, I just got lucky this year somehow. Any sugggestions,not areas or anything, just general info. Thanks hope this helped.

Yea i just want a tag. I will be out in 16 several times this summer looking for some bucks. What hunt did you get. If its elk i will let you know what i see, and if you need a couple starting spots let me kno i can set u up. Josh

I got the third archery hunt in 16b, think it runs september 19-24. That would be awesome if you could help me out on that. I just need to find a good group with some bulls that will be screamin'. Im sure you will find some pretty good bucks you just need to walk or ride. Thanks a lot!

I will keep my eyes open for some good ones. I will be up there ths weekend and next, i will let you know what it looks like in some of my old spots. Josh

That would be awesome! I really want to be successful since I finally drew the tag! I'll let you know about any bucks I see when I go up there.