I'm interested in hearing reasons of why CWT archers use or do not use a lighted nock in their hunting applications.   I use them on every hunting arrow in my quiver after I've practiced and tested them along with my broadheads in the weeks leading up to the hunt. Here are a couple experiences that made me a believer. Please share yours, positive or negative!   A few years ago I had a late archery hunt and moved in on what I thought was a small herd of cows with a couple raghorns mixed in. I ended up being in a herd of 60+ feeding elk and after a couple hours of crawling around them to keep the wind in my favor, I finally made it to my mark of 60 yards from a good 6x6 bedded on the fringe of the herd. I released an arrow at what I would consider the last possible moment the light of day would allow. Unfortunately, my arrow stuck in the dirt over a foot below the bulls belly, albeit perfect left/right. The lighted nock was the only reason I knew I missed, and because I missed so badly, when the bull stood up and looked around after the first shot, I elected not to shoot again. Turns out, after taking a 30 yard practice shot the next morning in camp to see what happened, I shot the bottom of the target eventually running another arrow into the dirt. On the stalk that day, I distinctly remember my bow getting caught on a branch as I slipped down the wet hillside. The peep caught a branch and was pulled down an 1/8". From this tough I experience, in addition to marking my bow string with a sharpie where the peep is supposed to be in the event it ever moves again, I knew with 100% certainty I was a fan of the lighted nock. Although I didn't get the bull, and the second shot could have been perfect, I really believe I saved a wounded bull and a crappy hunting experience..   Since that elk hunt, I've arrowed a few critters. From arrows passing through the animal and sticking in the dirt behind them, or bouncing off a rock and entering the next canyon, lighted nocks have helped me make better decisions in the heat of the moment. I know they're an expensive addition to an already expensive arrow, but IMO, those moments/decisions are worth the $10.   What about you?