azsagebrush

Camera Thief in Unit 9 still going strong!

"Well this is not far from the truth in my opinion. A friend of mine was out checking his cams and they heard some one coming down the trail to the spot of there cams. they hid in the brush to see who it was and the guy stoped and opend the camera and pulled the card out and put it in his phone or some other device and scanned through the photos. My friend being the Butt kicker he is came flying out of the brush to see what the heck this guy thought he was doing. Come to find out he is a well known outfitter in the area and thought the camera was his.( yea right). At least he did not steal the camera just used it to see what bulls were coming to the location."

Boy, now I call that scouting!!

Thought Id stay out of this one as "I aint got no dog in that fight" but it's sad when it comes to stealin/borrowing without permission! I like the idea of names and numbers on the cams tho...in case some one does find a pile of them somewhere some time. The zapper idea and the spray seems fair to me too...as long as theres another cam to record the reaction! :P Incidentally i spoke to a NFranger in another unit last weekend...he said quad owners, illegal aliens and road hunters don't give half the trouble that some "guides" and "outfitters" do. Claims they feel the rules simply don't apply to them since they make money what they do.

Hope you guys get what your after anyway. Good Luck