Sign in to follow this  
AZantlerhead

Monster elk set

post-2337-1202448781_thumb.jpg This 6x7 set was laying about 10yds apart going up a hill. the 7 point measures 174" and the six side with the broken g-1 measures158 with a 40 spd i put it around 372 without the broken i think he'd of grossed 385-390. I'll be hot on that bulls sign this march.among the other monters in this area. My antler huntin buddy Jason was with me on this weekend trip. we both left the area with 60+ pounds of horn tied to our packs. Also found my first bear skull that weekend that measures 18 3/4. This is my biggest set and antler to date. nov 07

Nice set! :blink: Sounds like you have a great spot! Out of those 60+ pounds how many of them are from this year?

Lance

Hey guys thanks. Well we both had a big set o browns and a couple singles from spring07 the rest were all worth packing out. We always leave some whites where they lay and often I'll set down a big chalky in trade for somethin better, they make good markers and to some extent the sheds have a meaning to the animals too, i believe in harvesting not rapeing. just depends how the day is going.Course this set was 24 1/2 lbs. by them selves :rolleyes: