Sign in to follow this  
GameHauler

Need another Gun Value

I am need of another gun value and probably suggestions for the best book.

The OLDER gentleman across from my shop who for some unknown reason

has taken a liking to me and has given me some Smok'n deals on several things

and I think he is trying to do it again.

I bought all his reloading stuff from him and he makes a point of checking with me just about every day to see if I have any new questions, which I do.

One day I had loaded up some 357's using a load dat but forgot that I was to drop the load by 10% for a start load and may have some pretty hot loads for my revolver.

Anyway he said after a day of thinking about it that maybe I should take his Wifes

Marlin Custom Mod#18940S Micro-groove, Cal 357-38spl rifle as it would handle a heavy charge

and I could look for pressures signs to see if they were safe.

Now I really can not think of what I would need this gun for but it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL 99.9%

sporting grade 4? 5? stock.

I will take it out this weekend and give it a try and I know Monday he is going to try to let me have it at a good price.

Short story long. What is it worth.

GH,

The blue book lists a 1894 CS but no OS. The CS is the same as the C it is a carbine and only chambered in .357/.38spl. 18.5" round barrel, straight hand stock and a squared lever. The gun is listed at $435 in 100% condition and $350 at 98%. Was OS a typo? Got any more specifics on the gun or does this description match?

GH,

The blue book lists a 1894 CS but no OS. The CS is the same as the C it is a carbine and only chambered in .357/.38spl. 18.5" round barrel, straight hand stock and a squared lever. The gun is listed at $435 in 100% condition and $350 at 98%. Was OS a typo? Got any more specifics on the gun or does this description match?

If the O is for octagon barrel the 100% condition is 475.

GH,

OS was not a typo but fading eyes :(

Closer look with fading eyes sees CS

Thanks

your welcome, no problem.