Sign in to follow this  
injunjon

Looking for some new duck/goose hunting buddies and spots

I'm looking to expand or even move my area for duck and goose season this year. I mainly hunted way down in Whitewater Draw this last season, but it's a heck of a drive from Tucson. Anyone want to team up for this fall/winter on a few hunts? Also, anyone have any suggestions for good areas where you won't get shot at like in some of the community holes? haha Mainly just looking to meet some other waterfowl hunters and hunting buddies around here.

If you're opposed to driving to Whitewater from Tucson, I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help. I've had almost all my action along either the Gila River East of Yuma or on the Refuges on the Colorado north of Yuma. When the Colorado still flowed past Morelos Dam back in the day there was some really good hunting along the Colorado between Yuma and San Luis. I'm afraid things have changed a bunch since then though. Try the stock ponds in the desert or possibly the San Pedro River. Maybe there are some wet spots along the Santa Cruz you can try, otherwise I recommend bigger water.

Good Luck,

Nick