Hi Guys,

Long time reader, first time writer. My wife, Emily, drew a 36a javelina tag for Feb. this upcoming year. I have been in the area scouting twice with very little luck finding pig sign. Does anyone have any tips, suggestions, pointers. I am not asking for your hot spot, just general areas, roads where I could start. Thanks for your help. Mike

Mike, We saw two herds in the Jr. hunt the first week of December. We hunted in southern end of the unit west of Arivaca Rd. at mile post 7, the first real set of hills N/W of the dirt rd. 1 -1 1/2 miles from pavement. In the valley behind the highest hill.

Good luck!

azyoung

Hello Couesdiehard,

Yes Lee this is Jeff. How did you know it was me? Hey had a great hunt with Riley. saw a lot of deer. mostly mule deer. He worked hard walked his rear end off. We stalked bucks every day, but would not get the shot or Riley would pass due to the distance. The last day we glassed a small coues spike at 180 - 200 yrds. and he dropped the buck. He was so excited he could barley walk to his buck. The little guy is having a great first year elk, pig and now his first coues. He also has a spring turkey tag in 12A. I will post some pics for Rileys deer and our 29 hunt. you need to see Matts buck. Lee have you posted pics? Also "coyoung" will join soon.

I will e-mail dates on Rendezvous

Take care,

azyoung

Jeff;

You just sounded like a man who would try to walk real fast and scare a coues to death rather than sit still and look for them. Heck dude, how many azyoungs could have taken their sons to 36A on a youth hunt in Dec.? Told Ed I thought that was you and we just read your response a bit ago. Awesome year for Riley and for you. If you can post some of those 29 pictures that would be great! I e-mailed my photos of this year's dink and the story to Amanda so she can post them.

I have an archery pig tag in 36A/B/C next month and my 14-year old Mark has a pig tag (Jr) in 36A/C in Feb. So I am going to pick up my archery deer tag and make a few trips down there during January.

Anyway great to hear from you! Tell coyoung to get logged on soon. I'm still haven't convinced old Red to loggon yet.

Lee(couesdiehard)

azyoung

Thanks for the info. It is much appreciated. I will let you know how it goes. Mike

Jeff;

You just sounded like a man who would try to walk real fast and scare a coues to death rather than sit still and look for them.  Heck dude, how many azyoungs could have taken their sons to 36A on a youth hunt in Dec.? Told Ed I thought that was you and we just read your response a bit ago.  Awesome year for Riley and for you.  If you can post some of those 29 pictures that would be great!  I e-mailed my photos of this year's dink and the story to Amanda so she can post them.

I have an archery pig tag in 36A/B/C next month and my 14-year old Mark has a pig tag (Jr) in 36A/C in Feb. So I am going to pick up my archery deer tag and make a few trips down there during January.

Anyway great to hear from you!  Tell coyoung to get logged on soon.  I'm still haven't convinced old Red to loggon yet.

Lee(couesdiehard)