49ford8n

Black powder stuff- SPF

The family of my friend who passed away last year came by with some more items from storage. I do not know anything about black powder shooting but from my research I believe this is for a Rem 700. I am asking 150.00 for it. If this is out of line let me know by PM not in Post. SPF

FTF in San Tan Valley

Bob 

IMG_1479.JPG

Just so you know what you have. If the primed brass says 458 on them, then they are for the original Ultimate Muzzle Loader made by Ken Johnston. The bullets are called whitetail medicine which he did all his 500 yard shots with. They are all shot with Harvester Black Sabots. If it is what I think those are, they will not fit in a Remington Ultimate Muzzle loader. Hope this helps you with what you have. The Remington Bullets will work and the whitetail medicine will shoot out of either gun, just not the brass I think you have. 

The 50 rd full box of brass says RP Rem UML thats it. There are 13 brass that are star line and say 45 win mag.

I believe remington used  smaller brass, cut off 308. The starline brass is original Ultimate Muzzle Loader. My mistake on the 458, went and looked at the box I have and they are 45 Win Mag as well. If it's all the same size then there you go. I have an original Ultimate Muzzle Loader, but had the breach plug changed out by Luke at Arrowhead Rifles so the gun would shoot Blackhorn 209. I have a box I can't use as well. Hope this helps.