Sign in to follow this  
JBatt

3lbs 4oz Rifle, 6.5 Grendel (SOLD)

SOLD 

This is a "Bolt Action", side charging AR, there is NO gas system (CA LEGAL!). Without optic it weighs 3lbs 4oz. Half the weight of your average "light" hunting rifle!!
I built it this year to make the "worlds lightest" practical hunting rifle. It is an absolute dream to carry in the field. I killed a small buck and large black bear with it this season. It easily shoots under 2moa in field positions. With no muzzle break I was spotting shots at 400y, shot a couple 5" groups at 450yards . This is the perfect 400y killing stick.
I used the absolute lightest AR parts on EARTH! Or at least, the lightest I could find after MANY hours of research. Sourced from many different stores.

Parts List:
$70-Aero Precision Ultralight Scope Mount
$475-Xcaliber Barrel, 16" 1/8 5R Spaghetti contour, stainless 1/2x28 muzzle threads, no gas port, Cryogenic treated.
$100-Aero Precision Slick upper receiver. Was machined to accommodate side charging handle.
$160-DSA Aluminum enhanced BCG, modified with Titanium to accept a side charging handle.
$110-Rubber City 6.5 Grendel bolt.
$50-FMK polymer lower receiver.
$240-Smoke Composites Carbon Fiber Buttstock assembly.
$30-Smoke Composites aluminum Barrel nut.
$60- Custom Carbon Fiber hand guard.
$20-Smoke Carbon Fiber End Plate.
$20-Smoke Composites Aluminum castle nut.
$35- New Frontier Polymer Lower parts kit.(I love the trigger on this, breaks a little under 3lbs)
$20- Taccom ultralight Polymer buffer.
$20-Hogue 15deg grip.
$60- V seven Titanium Micro brake.
$$-Titanium, aluminum or polymer were used to replace any small steel parts.
Comes to $1470 on my calculator, not including tax or shipping on any of the listed parts.

Scope in photos is no longer available

Selling with 6 Boxes of Hornady Black ELDM 123gr.
SOLD

• Like 5