well Im new to bowhunting and have been on 2 bow hunts with no success, a friend of mine and i are thinking about going out in 33 in a couple weeks what do ya'll think? I'm not asking for any honey holes just some good advice anything would be great thanks

well Im new to bowhunting and have been on 2 bow hunts with no success, a friend of mine and i are thinking about going out in 33 in a couple weeks what do ya'll think? I'm not asking for any honey holes just some good advice anything would be great thanks

:huh: No expert here but find a tree over water with of course lots of fresh buck sign, then sit and wait. That's my plan anyway :ph34r: . this Jan. AS you may have noticed it's kinda tight on advice at times. But a guy I know with 9 P&Y coues has got umm all that way.

:huh: No expert here but find a tree over water with of course lots of fresh buck sign, then sit and wait. That's my plan anyway :ph34r: . this Jan. AS you may have noticed it's kinda tight on advice at times. But a guy I know with 9 P&Y coues has got umm all that way.

thanks i'll try it

what i try to do is watch the deer until they bed down. if i cannot see them in their bed i probably don't stalk. once they look to be settled, i'll plan my stalk (considering wind and terrain), taking notes of landmarks and such, knowing everything looks different once your vantage point changes. i'll move in to about 200 yards and then put my camo on (kept in scent free bags until this point), and spray dead down wind pretty liberally. at about 100 yards i'll take my boots off and add an extra pair of thick socks. then i try to get as close as possible for a shot. i like to shoot under 50, but practice out to 70 regularly, and would take a shot that far provided the conditions were right (deer not moving, no wind, clear shooting lane, etc).

i just don't have the patience to sit somewhere if i don't know for sure that something is going to come in. i'd rather be more active. i would feel like i wasted my day if nothing came to the stand. but that's just me. lots of guys have their stand sites very established and know what is coming in, how often, and at what time of day.