Sign in to follow this  
schmalts

anyone seen any big mulies in 35A?

I am gearing up for my hunt between Xmas and new year with the muzz tag. I managed to get down there last week for a family vacation (I live in WI) and did a cache of powder and primers to pick up Xmas day after I fly in. I drove through Sonoita down to Parker lake, then through Montazuma pass but did not see any deer, nor did I look too hard (wife would have killed me) If any of you Coues Hunters see some nice mule deer and are willing to share any info it would be a great help. If any of you are also camping down in that area and would not mind having someone park a rental near your camp to sleep a little more easy in a group, please give me a shout as I will be alone the majority of the hunt and am a little uneasy about illegal activity at night.

Thanks, Pat

262-388-2809

Spent some time in the area on a october whitetail hunt.. There are not a big number of mulies in the area.. But the bucks you do find will tend to be great... Make sure you are set up to glass.. Meaning a good set of optics/spoting scope on a tri-pod.. Glass the Flats and slow rolling east facing hills first thing in the morning!!! We glassed up a couple nice 170" 4 points in the flats.. If you hunt in the mountains you will run into lots of whitetail. The mule deer are there also but low density. Check the flats just south west of the, west gate just outside the ft huachuca military base.. You will find them... Be patient and glass, glass, glass. They are there!! Good Luck

I'm heading done the day after christmas to hunt mulies in 35a also from Mn. I hired a guide but they haven't seen much sounds like a lot of boarder patrol traffic . If I see any good deer and tag out early I'll give you a call I took down your # Steve 507 838 5347

good luck!!! I remember the guys from last year saying this turned out to be a tough hunt for big mulie bucks.