Sign in to follow this  
Guest PotatoWhisperer

Lazzeroni Firebird

Guest PotatoWhisperer

I'm finally ready to start sighting it in. I bought a Leupold Vari X III 6-20x40 scope with the Premier Reticle system in it. I'm shooting 140 grain Lazz bullets and my question to Lazz people is...in order for my reticle system to work to it's full potential, how do I sight in. I was told the main cross hair should shoot 1 1/2" high @ 300 yrds, and the rest of the stadia crosshairs would be dead on. ie 400,500,600 & 700 yrds. I was under the impression that the main one shoud be dead on at 300, but I may be wrong. Can someone help clear this up for me. I got these instructions from where I bought the scope, but it doesn't seem right; otherwise, I'd be like 5" high @ 10 yards...please help anyone! Thanks...

Scott G.

Guest Ernesto Cibrian
I'm finally ready to start sighting it in. I bought a Leupold Vari X III 6-20x40 scope with the Premier Reticle system in it. I'm shooting 140 grain Lazz bullets and my question to Lazz people is...in order for my reticle system to work to it's full potential, how do I sight in. I was told the main cross hair should shoot 1 1/2" high @ 300 yrds, and the rest of the stadia crosshairs would be dead on. ie 400,500,600 & 700 yrds. I was under the impression that the main one shoud be dead on at 300, but I may be wrong. Can someone help clear this up for me. I got these instructions from where I bought the scope, but it doesn't seem right; otherwise, I'd be like 5" high @ 10 yards...please help anyone! Thanks...

Scott G.

Scott I'm sure the people from Lazzeroni and from this web.site will help you. Also you can go www.Leupoldoptics.com Their sales and tecnical support will give you a hand:you can email them at "sales@opticplus.net" If you go to their web.you can also click on "message board" and post your message there,make sure you leave your email adress or you can call them at 1 515-576-8268.Also if you go to www.telescopesandbinoculars.com they have a discussion forum,you can post your question(s) there.Hope this will help you.Thanks and God bless you.Ernesto C.

Guest Potato Whisperer

Ernesto...thanks a lot. That really does help. I'll make some calls when I get home. I really appreciate it...thanks a bunch.

Scott G.

Guest kirkkelso

Scott,

Sight the gun in as I suggested. If you want the long range stadias to work at the prescribed distances, then you must be at 1 1/2 high at 300 yards. That will put you about 3 3/4 inches high at 100 yards and 4 1/2 high at 200 yards. I know this is new territory for you, but believe me it will work.

Kirk Kelso

PW,

I am sure Kirk knows his stuff. If you get the info from the Lazzeroni site (such as ballistic coefficient and f.p.s.) you can go to: www.norma.cc/htm.files/javapagee.htm You can change the zero and bullet weights and more to see where the trajectory will be. Hope this helps some.

Travis