Sign in to follow this  
az.antlerenthusiast

snakes and sheds

Hey a little off of the topic, but these are all pictures from early to middle year antler hunting excursions.

In every group there is always some reptile fans but I am not one of them.

I know that I nead not say anything to you low-elevation couesers but for the rest of us here are some reminder pictures. Even living here in the cool pines , there still are people that end up getting an air vac trip due to snake bites every year. This can most certainly add a damper to your hunting trip. One guy near Heber was bit in the face(ouch!!?)

Proper foot wear and a snake bite kit is never a bad idea. Wearing big floppy tennis shoes is probably not the best choice. A walking stick you can use for poking and proding in suspicious places sometimes is not a bad idea either. The more you walk through thistles and thorn bushes, the less goofey the thought of chaps becomes for added snake and thorn protection.

I'm not propagating that you nead to be scared silly of snakes , but at least keep an eye out for them.

Northern black tail (tell me if i'm wrong)

post-3284-1237951415_thumb.jpg

crowndancer head rattler??

post-3284-1237951429_thumb.jpg

ugly plain old ugly

post-3284-1237952983_thumb.jpg

On a liter note I did find a small 6 point brown today :) :)

post-3284-1237953791_thumb.jpg

RATTLESNAKE, RATTLESNAKE, RATTLESNAKE, nice Horns!

Boy, Just what I wanna see before we go antler hunting. In a place known for umm, hint hint. Larry wants to go, He's driven us I think. Sat-Sun.

Maybe we get some packloads again?? I found a small six brown other day where you took me and A.J by town, when he found that raghorn, member? Might be other side to that one ;) , nice find.

So we goin snake.. I mean Antler hunting?? :lol: :lol: Where I seen the herd of 20 somethin bulls? u know where i'm talkin :ph34r: ,,,,,, :ph34r: . Ohh btw Nice pictures!