I heard that Knight Muzzleloaders are no more. the parent company is giving up on them.

Are these decent smoke poles? Sort of thinking about getting into black powder and thought I might be able to pick up a deal with the demise of the Knight line.

Opinions welcome on the brand and specifics of what model to look for...

Thanks

If you are going to muzzleload do it right or just stick to a cartridged rifle. Zip rifles are for the lazy or the disabled. Why would you waste your time? It took me 20 years to get a muzzleloader tag for elk here in Az so the odds can't be much better of getting a tag. If you want real fun get a old orginal they are not much more to buy and alot cheaper to shoot and not such a pain to clean. Good luck

I have an older Master Hunter and that thing is awesome.. The key is to spend some time working up the right load.. Once you do you will be fine... Make sure you get plenty of those little plastic things that hold the primers... they might become scarce after awhile..

J

My brother and I share a Knight TK 2000 12 gauge shot gun, it is one sweet gun, we use it for spring turkey.

I shoot the CVA Kodiak Pro 50 cal. If I could afford the better known name brands I don`t think I would buy one because I have never had any trouble with CVA and have been using it for years now with several elk to it`s credit. As Jamaro said, stock up on the Primer holders in case it is true they are going out of business. I don`t understand what you mean WalkingW that they are for the lazy and disabled as most guys I know that hunt muzzy usually treat it as archery and work in up close. And as every one knows archery is not for the lazy. And before anyone thinks I am trying to pick a fight I am not, I just do not get what he said. Anyways good luck if you choose to get one.