Sign in to follow this  
TAM

Thompson Encore Pro Hunter?

Does anyone know if my Thompson Encore Pro Hunter muzzle loader that I just bought will accept a 12" or 15" Encore pistol barrel? Are all the Encore stocks, grips, and barrels pretty much interchangable?

TAM,

Your Pro Hunter Stock will accept the pistol barrels, as long as they are the Encore barrels. The Contender barrels will not fit on your Encore stock. I too have the Pro Hunter and shot a 15" .243 pistol barrel for a while. Would of been a neat little Coyote gun but I just didn't like the feel of the short barrel. As far as I know all components are interchangable. I am pretty sure you can even take off your stock on the frame and put on a pistol grip. One thing is that the forearms are different for shotgun/pistol/muzzleloader barrels so if you buy a pistol barrel you will need a pistol foreend. One thing you might watch out for is that since you bought the gun as a muzzleloader if you happen to change the whole thing around to look like a pistol and law enforcement ever runs the background on it that might bring up some questions. Maybe someone else can shed a little light on that issue better.

Hope that helps.....have any more questions I will help out if I can.

Jeff

Thank you, that's exactly what I needed to know.