Sign in to follow this  
vegasjeep

FINALLY got my deer tag for 36B

I have never not been drawn, had a problem or anything related to the game and fish regarding my tags.

This year I was drawn for 36B late DEC hunt. I was pretty stoked and could not wait, but I was rejected! They said I left a numeral offf my license info and with my copy in hand I could absolutely prove that was not true. Unfortunately there was nothing I could do about it.

Aside from being pissed at not being drawn for the hunt of a lifetime I was not to worried as I could put in for the 36B over draw. Well I filled everything out and was going to drop it off at the office come monday morning. Out of curiosity I checked the website to see how many nov6-12 tags were left and noticed that I had to mail it in only. Saturday 3pm and I hauled butt to the US mail. Last pick up was 5 and so I decided perfect, it will get there Monday.

Well monday came, then tuesday, wednesday and they still had not seen it. I was like what the heck!! I was watching tag number availability go down and down and down. Friday came and still nothing. I still do not know what happened to it but now it was time to show up MOnday morning.

So MOnday morning I drove to the game and fish and picked them up in person. About freaking time. SO if anyone is down in 36b the first and second hunt Ill be down there during both hunts.

I will be out there for the Late Novemeber - Early December hunt. I have never hunted the unit and hope to scout throughout October and into November. Have you hunted this unit? I am willing to share information and if the timing is right meet and have a beer in camp while scouting or hunting. My niece has the tag and after two does she insists she is ready for a buck. I sent her a text today letting her know I got her the tag and she went nuts. She cant wait to go to the range and get out scouting. PM me if you want to talk more.

I will be out there for the Late Novemeber - Early December hunt. I have never hunted the unit and hope to scout throughout October and into November. Have you hunted this unit? I am willing to share information and if the timing is right meet and have a beer in camp while scouting or hunting. My niece has the tag and after two does she insists she is ready for a buck. I sent her a text today letting her know I got her the tag and she went nuts. She cant wait to go to the range and get out scouting. PM me if you want to talk more.

Yes I have hunted this unit quite a bit, There are deer everywhere out here actually. I am down there so much that we actually have a house down there in Arivaca. HAHAHA

Ill find out when Ill be down there next, probably mid September and ill let you know

Hey Guys we'll be there for the 11/6-12 hunt. I've never hunted the southern units before. Is there any problem camping in the unit? How about in the Buenos Aire NWF? Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hey Guys we'll be there for the 11/6-12 hunt. I've never hunted the southern units before. Is there any problem camping in the unit? How about in the Buenos Aire NWF? Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

You can camp just about anywhere you want in the southern units. there are afew ranchers who have closed off property but for the most part you are good to go.

Thanks

You can camp just about anywhere you want in the southern units. there are afew ranchers who have closed off property but for the most part you are good to go.

PM sent barony;

You can only camp in designated sites on the refuge itself.