Sign in to follow this  
yesitisme25

Flying for scouting purposes

I did speak with someone in the department and the rules are how it was posted and clarified by most here. Thanks. No flying while there are ANY big game hunt going on or within 48 hrs prior to any hunt in an area, excluding mountain lion. Also, it is true that anyone who holds a "special permit" or anyone AIDING (didn't clarify but I assume that means friends helping or guides being paid to help) a special permit holder cannot fly within 48 hrs of hunting with that permit. That clears a lot up thx.

scoutpylot and everyone who replied, thanks for your replies. They were helpful. Personally I think flying is a great way to scout, unfortunately it seems it is looked down upon by some. And I think someone asked if I was going to be flying one of those parachute plane contraptions. I will not be flying myself but I have a cousin that has a little Cessna and he offered to fly the area.

I know a lot of people seem to fly for scouting but are afraid to admit it. I guess people think less of them if they scout via air. Oh well, don't hunt for them.

Thx again and happy hunting this year folks.