Got this info on the Kofa National Wildlife Refuge Bighorn Sheep Survey Results. Notice the difference between the actual count and the GUestimate which is the number that they will tell everyone. Instead of counting the sheep from a copter and then doubling the number because they think that some are hiding in the top of a cactus. Why not take the actual and subtract a few because they more than likely counted some of the same ones twice. Any way you look at it the people in charge over the last 15 years should all be fired. That aint happening but maybe if we call them all idiots enough times maybe they will feel a little embarrassed.

Total Kofa actual

2000 unit 45 - 469

2003 unit 45 - 357

2006 unit 45 - 247

2007 unit 45 - 289

2008 unit 45 - 260

2009 unit 45 - 245

Total Kofa estimate

2000 unit 45 - 812

2003 unit 45 - 620

2006 unit 45 - 391

2007 unit 45 - 460

2008 unit 45 - 436

2009 unit 45 - 410

just one more reason we don't need anymore politicians or guys with an agenda on the commission. go shoot the lions and get it over with. i'm pretty sure they could it if they weren't afraid of bad publicity. remember the sabino canyon fiasco? the azgfd is like nfl refs. make the call you know is probably wrong so the booth can review and make sure what it really was. the azgfd tells these dang huggers their intentions and then lets them file an injuction to get the courts to stop them so they appear to be just following the ruling of the court. if they'd just go shoot the lions and don't even tell em about it the problem would be solved. and the whole time they sit around waiting for a their next marching orders, the sheep are disappearing. no matter anyway. the rockies are gonna get bred with the deserts in number significant enough that we soon will have a new breed. Lark.

Here is another idea. They say that there are 13 lions in the kofas, from dna testing scat. I think that they should have to use the same multiplier that they use with sheep to determine the lion population. That would put the count around 26 which is a lot of eaten going on. Not that it would make much difference in their approach.

SO if it were 1 tree hugging , electric car driving, I wanna be green but I actually have no clue about how an ecosystem works Hiker being turned into LION fodder each week I Doubt it would take very long for the lion/lions to be purged from the range .... Maybe they just need to get a little taste of human meat , then be rounded up and sent to California in the green suburbs to do a little population control on the misguided souls who think that in a biological ecosystem hunting is not part of the process ..... And if we the true top predator do not control other top predators like the lions it will only be a matter of time before the handful of Human Attacks by mountain lions each year becomes more like a weekly ritual .....

especially if they realize how much easier the ones without guns are to get over Deer ,Pigs, and Sheep