southpaw

How far do you hike??

It will depend on where I am hunting but typically I walk about 1/2 hour to an hour to get set up.  I dont hike all over, I glass my butt off and find the deer first then plan a stalk if there is a big enough buck.........Allen.....

Absolutely right. Let your Eyes do the work and then tell your feet where to take you!

The last four bucks that I have killed were all killed with in sight of a road, dirt or paved! They were all nice bucks (101" 103" 97" & 105") and they were killed in three diffrent units. We have been hunting one buck for 3years or so, I have some pics in the sheds, and he live less than a half mile from a major highway! Last year was my wifes first year hunting so I wanted to make it fairly easy hunt for her

I found a 4x4 that would go over 110" pretty easy, the week before her hunt started,and I glassed him from the shoulder of the road. (she missed him dang it!! ) I am not enegeticly challenged by any means but I took the old mans advice when he said hunt the stuff everybody over looks and drives by!! That is just my experience though, so i dont want all of you to be come road hunters!! :blink:

I agree with all of you that say stay out all day!! Two those four deer were

killed in december(no brainer) but the other two were killed in november. I glassed them both laying down in the morning and killed them between 1-3pm

when they got out of their morning beds. It makes scense because most hunters go hunt in the morning, then go back to camp for lunch, then go back out for the eve hunt. These deer aren't stupid they know when something is up!!

Funny! One year we hiked to the end of the trail( half mile) even if it meant walking in the dark and being in place at first light. Needless to say we had been passing by a 117 buck every mornin for three days. We talked to the hunter who shot him on the second weekend. It happened to be the buck we were looking for since his eye guards were six inches in length and almost connected at the tips. I'll probably think twice about passing up close terrain without atleast one sweep with the binos.