I have jsut joined this site and next year i am plaing on takin my dad out on a mule deer elk hunt.... but i noticed that all of u guys are taliin aobut drawing tags..? around here we jsut go to the store buy a liscene and it comes with a buck and no doe tags but u can buy them for an extra ten bucks a peice.. up to 36 of them.. what will i have to do to get a hunt out there with a guide. or do ih ave to put in to get drawn for a tag

Hunterboy,

you would be much better off looking at states like Colorado where you can still get over the counter tags. You probably would not be able to draw out a combo hunt for muley and elk in AZ or NM. Unless you went archery for elk and deer in NM, then you may have a chance. It is typically very hard to get a bull elk tag or mule deer tag in AZ. They still have them over the counter in Colorado I believe. Good luck. AG

Guest Ernesto C

hunterboy yes,you'll need to apply and get drawn in order to hunt Az.If you are after elk,both hunts archery only and general hunt(rifle) have a drawing.For deer with rifle you will have to apply also and prey to get drawn.Archery only deer is over the counter. You will need to have a Az. hunting license before filling out your application. For more information you can log in to azgfd.com

Ernesto C

Ok thanks guys thats a big help :rolleyes: now i might have a chance to get to take a hunt out there sure hope so lol