Sign in to follow this  
CHD

Interesting Coues Stories

More D - I did that with some Coues does. Walked right up to them while they were watching me. I was just talking photos of them. There is hunting pressure there where I did it, but not much, so maybe they had no real reason to fear me.

Robert -- Have you seen a change in the distribution of water where you hunt in the wilderness? I find that deer move significantly if their water sources dry up. I have some places where I used to see a lot of deer, but they have had to move to different parts of a mountain because now only one water source is available. Maybe water has dried up where you used to see so many deer?

AZ4life - I know a guy who lived that ultimate scenario of lion/deer that you were talking about. He was able to shoot a lion that was attacking a buck and then get the buck too. Awesome story.

Amanda

Guest robert

No, I have not seen a change in the water, about the same as always. Even the types and quantities of plants are the same. Just more lion sign, it is strange. The wierd thing is that none of the ranchers or other hunters have seen any lions and no cattle have been lost that anyone knows about, or has seen. Everything is about the same as last year where I hunt, but no deer. There has been no sign of people, and no deer carcasses. There is less deer sign also. The interior of the Galiuros holds a substantial amount of water in springs, and I figure the mulies and bears would have moved out of the area also. Has anyone noticed this in unit 32? If so, any answers?:huh: :huh:

good luck

Guest Mike

Last Saturday I was in the Galiuros and saw numerous whitetail, just as it has been in the past. I saw no mule deer but the area I hunt is higher up by sombrero butte. I saw bucks and does alike. Saw some Lion tracks but nothing abnormal.