Sign in to follow this  
Guest bacajwb

Do Coues respond to calls?

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do Coues respond to calls?

• Will Coues Whitetail respond to calls, scents, rattling or
    • any other hunting strategies?

Guest Ernesto C

Crazyaboutcoues I never used scents as a lure either,the only thing I do is whas my hunting clothing with uv killer and scent free soaps.If possible wash or spray the bag were the clothing will go too and spray or wash the sling on my rifle,spray the rifle and/or the bow. Yes the last thing you want to do outhere is to smell like a human. I know this guy that while hunting if he found deer dropings he will rubber those againts his clothing to cover his human scent. I never until now had try a call to atrack deer but sometimes while predator hunting,using the jackrabbit or the cottontail in distress call,muleys or whitetails will came closer but is very rare when this happen.

Maybe I have to try some of those deer calls. Thanks and God bless everybody.

Ernesto C.

Guest Guest_Mikep35

I was reading something in a book by Duwane Adams and Durwood Hollis about "Hunting Monster Mule Deer in Arizona's Kaibab Region," and he states that he has used SKUNK SCENT on the sole of his shoes as a cover scent! If you think about it, a deer at least once in its life has come face to face with a skunk. That smell, though disgusting to humans, is a lot less alarming than the smell of a human. He also states he has walked well within bow distance while using this method, all while the deer watched him and knew he was there. Just some food for thought.

Mike

Sorry, I forgot to log in. This is me above.