Sign in to follow this  
Joshy25

Leaving for South Africa last minute Need help!!

So I am leaving tomorrow morning for Johannesburg. I will be there till July 12th for the world cup. I did not plan on hunting while I was there so I have not made any preperations. After talking to my uncle Gerry last night he said I was a fool if I did not take my bow... I know ... I know.. :unsure:

As a last minute deal, I am taking my bow. I have a nice hard case. I just dont want to go all the way over there and then meet someone that would be willing to do a hunt for a decent rate and not have my bow rig.

My question.

I have never traveled with a weapon. I also have not traveled to RSA before. Are there any types of special permits, etc that I need to have to travel to RSA with my bow?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Joshua Tod

So I am leaving tomorrow morning for Johannesburg. I will be there till July 12th for the world cup. I did not plan on hunting while I was there so I have not made any preperations. After talking to my uncle Gerry last night he said I was a fool if I did not take my bow... I know ... I know.. :unsure:

As a last minute deal, I am taking my bow. I have a nice hard case. I just dont want to go all the way over there and then meet someone that would be willing to do a hunt for a decent rate and not have my bow rig.

My question.

I have never traveled with a weapon. I also have not traveled to RSA before. Are there any types of special permits, etc that I need to have to travel to RSA with my bow?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sincerely,

Joshua Tod

Tod:

I'm not certain, and for sure you should not bank on it, but I don't think you need any permit to possess a bow in South Africa. I do know someone who can arrange a one-day to more than a week of hunting at short notice, though.

Bill Quimby

Lucky you W/C I was suppose to go then work happened

I went last summer to RSA with my bow, no permits needed. I used the Badlands suitcase that has room for bows and clothes, they never even checked inside my luggage. Have a great time, I can't wait to go back!

Bill, I am sending you a pm.

Thanks again guys!

much appreciated. :)

FYI.... Lock or shrink wrap EVERYTHING going and coming to J-burg.... the baggage handlers will rob you blind..... Other wise.... have a great trip!