Sign in to follow this  

vortex scope

i sighted in my new vortex today. put it on a .264. 7 shots and it was deadnuts. easiest scope to tune i've ever used. the clicks are actually 1/4" at a hunnerd yards. had 2 other rifles with me that were rescoped and needed sighted. took a lot more shooting with them. seems every scope i've ever had takes either more or less clicks than advertised to move the crosshair. the vortex was a dream. i can see more of them in my safe. Lark.

Good to hear, I ordered one for a buddy last week. I still need to make an order with Kenton. It might be ready for early WTs. I want one but dont have anything to put it on.

What rings/bases did you go with? and is it a 700? I'm gonna try and do the one piece Talley's for him but I dont remember what height I used with my 50mm.

i have 2 piece leupold medium rings on mine. i probably coulda used the low rings, but the mediums fit me better. they're 30mm yube scopes. mine is a 44mm objective. it's a model 70 winchester rifle. .264 mag with a 26 inch barrel. Lark.

What rings/bases did you go with? and is it a 700? I'm gonna try and do the one piece Talley's for him but I dont remember what height I used with my 50mm.

I put medium WARNE rings with a picatanny rail on my 700. I think the mediums are too high and will probably change them to lows.

I have the Vortex with 30MM tube with the 50MM objective.

I put medium WARNE rings with a picatanny rail on my 700. I think the mediums are too high and will probably change them to lows.

I have the Vortex with 30MM tube with the 50MM objective.

I looked on MM but didn't find anything. We were plannin on MOA turrets, but my favorite color is free.

I received mine yesterday but have not had time to put it on yet.

Evidently, the makers of the Huskemaw scopes are making the turrets for Vortex because the package had a Gunwerks return address.

I received mine yesterday but have not had time to put it on yet.

Evidently, the makers of the Huskemaw scopes are making the turrets for Vortex because the package had a Gunwerks return address.

<_< Never been a fan of those guys since Aaron Davidson took over.

How does it look? On vortex's site there was some for the razor scopes that loked a little bit taller. The ones for the viper looked shorter. What are the distances on the knobs? I was hopin for 300-1k in 100yd inc or 50 even, but not sure what they will do. I'll need a little less than 20MOA to go from 300-1000 from the calculators I used.

It's a one revolution knob. Mine goes to 800 yards. (7 mag). I'll never shoot that far with the factory loads it was set up for.

It's the stock Vortex knob, only engraved. I thought it would have the caliber and bullet etched on the knob like Kenton's but it does not. Don't really care how it looks as long as it works.

Like you said though, the price was right. :D

If it's free......I'll take three!

Got out to the Usery Pass range this afternoon. Didn't know they changed the target range to 200 yards max. Probably won't go back now.

Ranged some rocks up on the mountain at 350-415 yards are was able to dial the knob to the yardage and make little rocks out of big rocks pretty easily. Only had to make a 2 click adjustment at my 200 yard zero and was holding dead on at ~400.

I got my information all emailed off so I hope I am still one of the first ten. I would really like to try it out on the 6.5x20x50 that I have. Thanks DB for posting the link. While doing the range tests with the chrono I was really surprised to find out exactly how fast my different loads were flying, the results were totatlly opposite of what I had been thinking they were.